This page collects publicly-available resources and code that are useful for visual effects.
- Alpha Matting Evaluation for benchmarking matting algorithms
- Closed-form matting code by A. Levin
- Spectral matting code by A. Levin
- GrabCut implementation by P. Wang
Image Compositing and Editing
- Matlab Laplacian pyramid toolbox by M. Do
- Photomontage by A. Agarwala et al.
- PDE-based inpainting by W. Yung and A.J. Ahankar
- Patch-based inpainting implementation by S. Bhat
- Saliency toolbox by D. Walther
- Optimized scale-and-stretch resizing by Y. Wang et al.
- Seam Carving by M. Rubinstein
- ImageStack by A. Adams et al.
- PatchMatch by C. Barnes et al.
Features and Matching
- Affine feature detectors and descriptors by K.Mikolajczyk
- Laplacian- and Difference-of-Gaussian detectors by W.-L. Zhao
- SIFT detector and descriptor by D. Lowe
- VLFeat (includes a Matlab SIFT implementation) by A. Vedaldi and B. Fulkerson
- QR Code generator by J. Delport
- ARToolkit markers by M. Billinghurst et al.
- ARTag markers by M. Fiala
Dense Correspondence and its Applications
- The Middlebury optical flow benchmark by S. Baker et al.
- Optical flow code by D. Sun et al.
- Human-assisted motion annotation by C. Liu et al.
- Fundamental matrix estimation and other Matlab functions for multiview geometry by P. Kovesi
- Image rectification by M. Dailey
- The Middlebury stereo benchmark by D. Scharstein and R. Szeliski
- Graph cut and belief propagation code by R. Szeliski et al.
- Max-flow/min-cut code by V. Kolmogorov
- Robust homography estimation and other Matlab functions for multiview geometry by D. Capel et al.
- Camera calibration toolbox by J.-Y. Bouguet
- openMVG: open Multiple View Geometry by P. Moulon
- CMU motion capture database
- Biomechanical toolkit (including Mokka visualizer)
- Matlab motion capture toolbox by N. Lawrence
- Matlab visual hull code by B. Tordoff
- DAZ 3D has some useful free 3D models
3D Data Acquisition